A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pijemy po polsku

The first-ever Warsaw Bloggers Pub Night was a great success!

We (Warsaw bloggers and non-bloggers alike) met, strategized and co-conspired. But mostly we just drank.

During the evening, it was resolved:

1. to have a Warsaw Bloggers' Pub Night as regularly as possible;

2. to name the Warsaw Bloggers' Pub Night "Pijemy Po Polsku" ("We drink in the Polish style");

3. and to set up a community blog for English-speaking Poland bloggers. If you are interested, please email me at warsawstation@gmail.com. Please also suggest a name for the blog and perhaps some topics you'd be interested in writing about. The blog will not necessarily focus on politics, but rather would be a kind of current-events, expat-in-Poland specific, human interest thing. We will probably need at least seven participants, as we would like to have at least one post per day.

The next P3 is tentatively scheduled for sometime next weekend. If you'd like to join, and one day is better for you than another, please e-mail me and I'll try and schedule the best time possible for everyone.

Na Zdowie! (Cheers!)

6 Comments:



Blogger beatroot said...

Wow! Did e agree all that? Well, in that case, I second all of the above.

10/31/2005 11:57:00 AM  


Blogger Gustav said...

All that?

I sure made that conversation look official didn't I. Anyways, these are issues we came to some agreement on, as I remember through the beer-haze.

Still waiting for interested group-blog parties. We'll see. My guess is everyone else has the same time constraints you and I do. But at least hopefully we'll be able to drag them out for a beer or two next time we have P3!

10/31/2005 01:44:00 PM  


Blogger Bialynia said...

I will be in WaWa sometime in the next three weeks, maybe I'll be able to make a P3?

10/31/2005 05:58:00 PM  


Blogger Gustav said...

That would be awesome. I just hope you're here before the 19th of November, 'coz I'm heading back home to Detroit for Thanksgiving. Still, with or without me, I'm sure there will be a P3 while you're here!

10/31/2005 06:31:00 PM  


Blogger Becca said...

I just tried to email you about the community blog but it failed... the gist of it was 'sounds fun, can I join?'

I could give the 25 yr old female perspective... No brainwaves on name, but I'll keep thinking.

Does this mean anything to you?
Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 553 5.7.1 Bad or missing RCPT domain h38si218952wxd

11/02/2005 10:02:00 AM  


Anonymous Vincent Griffin said...

Grateful for shariing this

6/23/2022 09:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed