A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

[Insert Cliche Here]

Tie game. 4th and Goal. No time outs. No time on the clock.

This is going to be a fun one.

So that's why today, at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 1 a.m. Central European Time (just before the results start coming in), Warsaw Station Chat will be open for business. Come to the chat room to debate,taunt, cheer, and mourn-- no matter which side you're on. If predictions are right, we'll be fighting this out until late into the night (or early into the morning).

It looks as if the key states will be Florida and three Great Lakes States: Pennsylvaina, Ohio, and Wisconsin-- as well as possibly Minnesota and Michigan. A quick decisive victory in several of these states by either candidate could mean an early night for all of us. Kerry looks as if he's doing well in most of those states-- polls are swinging our way, early voting is going our way, turnout is going our way --so there's reason to be hopeful.

And after a Kerry win, I'm gonna take a vacation, and then get back to it as the issues heat back up. If it's a contested election or a Bush win, my sleep will continue to suffer without pause.

There's always something to argue about. The truth never sleeps.

Warsaw Station abides. . .

Prediction:
Kerry 320; Bush 218. You heard it here first.

I've had fun these two months or so. I haven't convinced a soul, but I've gained some perspective. Hopefully I've given some too. And I've added to the noise. That's something.

Keep the Faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed