A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Monday, October 25, 2004

Real Conservatives Speak Out for Kerry/Edwards

I have listed several conservatives on this blog that have voiced their support for Kerry/Edwards. Here is a comprehensive list. It's pretty eye-opening.

Here is a sample of what some of them had to say:

"George W. Bush has come to embody a politics that is antithetical to almost any kind of thoughtful conservatism, "- Scott McConnell, Editor of "The American Conservative" magazine.

"We need a leader who is really dedicated to creating millions of high-paying jobs all across the country."- Lee Iacocca

"Bush's supposed support for Israel is an illusion. The real Bush record on Israel consists of missed chances and neglect. Four more years of the same is unthinkable. Everything in Bush's record shows he has neither understanding of diplomacy nor interest in it....John Kerry's approach to foreign policy is fundamentally different from Bush's. Kerry is obviously eager to plunge into diplomacy, and to create confidence in agreed solutions." - Gershom Gorenberg, The Jerusalem Report

"I think that we are less safe today than we were three or four years ago. And I’ll tell you something else: I have recently had discussions with several former national security advisors -- people who were national security officials in former Republican administrations -- who have told me they feel the same way. They fear that the administration’s policies are further endangering and undermining the security of the United States."- Clyde Prestowitz, former Reagan aide.

"My Republican Party is the party of Gerald R. Ford, Michigan's only president, who reached across partisan lines to become a unifying force during a time of great turmoil in our nation's history. This president has pursued policies pandering to the extreme right wing across a wide variety of issues and has exacerbated the polarization and the strident, uncivil tone of much of what passes for political discourse in this country today."- William Milliken, former Governor of Michigan (1969-1983)

"Bush has the most dangerously simplistic view of the world of any president in my memory. I will swallow a lot of petty policy differences...to get a man in the White House with brains enough not to blow up the world and us with it."- Charley Reese, conservative columnist


On the same site, you can find this list of newspapers which endorsed Bush in 2000 and have decided that four years is enough (so much for the "liberal media" conspiracy, these newspapers have been genuinely convinced):

  • CO: Daily Camera (Boulder): 10/17
  • CT: The Day (New London): 9/26
  • FL: Bradenton Herald: 10/18
  • FL: The Orlando Sentinel: 10/24
  • GA: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution : 10/9
    (In 2000, The Atlanta Journal endorsed Bush; the Constitution endorsed Gore.)
  • IL: Chicago Sun-Times: 10/24
  • IL: Daily Herald (Arlington Heights): 10/17
  • ME: Bangor Daily News: 10/23
  • MI: Flint Journal: 10/24
  • MI: The Muskegon Chronicle: 10/17
  • MO: Columbia Daily Tribune: 10/17
  • NM: The Albuquerque Tribune: 10/12
  • OR: The Oregonian (Portland): 10/10
  • TX: The Lone Star Iconoclast (Crawford): 9/26
  • WA: Seattle Post-Intelligencer: 10/10
  • WA: The Seattle Times: 9/9
  • WI: Wausau Daily Herald: 10/23


The Detroit News, Detroit's conservative daily newspaper, has refused to make an endorsement this year.

Proof again that Bush is for big-government neo-con social conservatism, and not for basic conservative values. Consider yourself a conservative? Vote Kerry/Edwards.

Keep the faith.

P.S. This information brought to you thanks to Electoral-Vote.com.

4 Comments:



Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Hello Rob.

Hell Yes, My sentiments exactly.

10/26/2004 04:24:00 PM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Actually, since I seen this here, I have seen it all over the blogosphere and in my e-mail box, but to tell you the truth I've had about all off the divisive ass lying, cheating election process I can take. I am ready to just throw-down at the ballot box, and let the chips fall where they may.

We survived 8 years of terrorist appeasement under Clinton, we might survive a Kerry term as well. It will probably be best to remind the American public how the meek liberal ideology cant compete in the real world of generationaly instilled religious hatred with access to WMDs.

Neither candidate is fully prepared to address this conflict in a way that assures our children's safety, and as I live in a rural area of America, I probably wont be personally affected with Kerry's liberal policies result in a coordinated attack on our major cities. But the correct course of action will then be clear to ALL of us.

Lets vote, and see if sanity still holds a majority in our nation.

Hey Andrew, I gave Firefox the old college try, and even though I loved the tabbing feature, the newness of it all and some stability issues forced me to go another direction. I installed a 3rd party add on to IE called Maxthon. It brings tabs and other cool features to the IE that can be configured back exactly like I am used to. New tricks / Old dogs I guess. Thanks for turning me on to tab browsing though. It, combined with my new RSS aggregator "RSS Bandit" have fundamentally changed the way I use the internet.

10/27/2004 04:44:00 AM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Hey Gus, is there a separate RSS feed just for your comments. Man, you have a cool looking blog, but its killer on my limited rural bandwidth. It works fine on my T1 at work, I would like to know if there are new comments here, before I come here.

10/27/2004 04:51:00 AM  


Blogger Gustav said...

Terrorist appeasement? Please remember that under Clinton, the first WTC bombers were caught, prosecuted and jailed. So were the bombers in the 1998 embassy bombings. Under Clinton, the Millenium Plot was broken up. Under Clinton, Osama bin Laden was a priority, not an afterthought. But you're gonna believe what you want. Kerry's liberal policies will not result in a coordinated attack on America's cities, they'll result in a COMPLETE war on terror, which will really solve the problem, rather than prolonging it and making it worse, which is what your President is doing.

I live in Poland, so, if Bush wins, I won't be affected by his decision to reinstate the draft once he decides it's necessary to pre-empt North Korea or Iran.

Perhaps neither candidate is fully ready, but when the time comes to make those tough decisions, you believe the candidate in the red corner will be the best suited. I'll take the one in the blue.

But about the divisiveness you're right, Red. It's exhausting. A big part of me loves the excitement of Presidential politics, but this has gotten so ugly, spin-filled and out of control, that the other part of me can't wait for it to be over. Election night will be fun, but I hope there's a clear winner. I plan to take a vacation from politics for a little while after that.

I'm afraid I don't know what an RSS feed is or what it does Red. I've been toying with this site for a while now, and of course I've seen the options to change or modify the feed, but to be honest, I just have no idea what that even means. I can try to create a seperate feed for the comments if instructed properly. At the moment, the comments are just the standard blogger comments that came with the template. No significant changes have been made.

P.S. A response to the well-written but wrong and in some ways offensive letter above is coming. I'm taking my time with it, but don't worry all, I'll try to edit it down to a manageable size. I'll probably publish the letter along with my response as a post, rather than a comment, so y'all can find it easy.

Keep the faith.

10/28/2004 02:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed