A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Friday, October 29, 2004

The Economist Endorses Kerry

The Economist magazine, one of the most respected magazines in the world, has endorsed John F. Kerry for President. The authors acknowledge that Kerry isn't perfect (something this writer has acknowledged for a long time) but finally come to the conclusion that Bush doesn't deserve another term. The Economist, which supports free trade, low taxes, and the War in Iraq, is not the New York Times or the Washington Post. It has a tradition of objectivity, endorsing Bush in 2000.

They make the argument that Bush started out with good ideas, but has mismanaged the War on Terror as well as The War in Iraq-- losing America's credibility through hypocrisy. They mention the Guantanamo Bay detainees and the Abu Ghraib torture scandal as key blows to Bush's believability.

The authors also make the point that judging by his record, Kerry is a fiscal hawk, and see his social liberalism as an asset. They also insist that Kerry is the man to admit mistakes and change course when circumstances dictate a different direction. According to them, Bush's recalcitrance and fealty to the Religious Right make him the wrong choice for America.

Here is the article.

Good signs, my friends.

Keep the faith.

1 Comments:



Blogger Gustav said...

What about the past perfect? I'll have to listen for that as well. I bet he mangles the third conditional also-- If I would have known. . . I would have. . .

He talks about not passing Kerry's global test. He couldn't even pass BPL 6!

Thankfully, I won't have to concern myself with that so much anymore. Moving on in life. I'll send you an email about it Andrew.

10/30/2004 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed