A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thanksgiving hiatus

I'm in the States for Thanksgiving, enjoying all of the football and hockey I miss when I'm in Poland.

So far things aren't going so well, UM lost to OSU, the Wings lost to St. Louis, and the Lions are losing to Dallas (arrgh...) - but there's still a half left to play.

Not that we are ever optimistic about the Lions.

Happy Turkey day to all. Sunday vista blogging will be back in two weeks.

And, while I'm at it, here is Mitch Albom's take on Thanksgiving. Should put you in a good holiday mood.

Also - don't forget to check out p3 - contributors will be posting all week.

3 Comments:



Blogger Becca said...

That does sound like a good holiday (not that I'd know, *sniff*)

We missed you at p3, but managed to inbibe a few drinks anyway.

Hope the sport results get better...

11/21/2005 10:52:00 AM  


Blogger Gustav said...

I hope they do too! Especially Wednesday night when I'm going to Joe Lois Arena to watch the Red Wings play the Colorado Avalanche - their arch enemies...

If the Wings win, on Thursday I'll really have something to be thankful for!

Just kidding - I think.

(not that I'd know, *sniff*)

Don't be sad! You're invited for next year Becca!

11/21/2005 04:43:00 PM  


Blogger Gustav said...

Well, if only one sporting event that I was following while here in the states were to go well, at least it was this one, which I attended.

Awesome.

Go Wings!

11/24/2005 07:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed