A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Keep pretending this isn't happening

WBJ:

ZPB's Borys makes a stand against more harassment from Belarus police

Authorities in Belarus are continuing to oppress the leaders of the independent Association of Poles (ZPB). On Monday police forced their way into the house of Andżelika Borys, president of the ZPB, who is repudiated by Belarus government. "They asked me who of my friends beat up and robbed near my house Michał Dworczyk, an activist of the committee of Solidarity with Belarus who came from Poland. They also asked whether he had some illegal, stolen materials in his backpack. I shouted at them and said to stop making a fool of me, as they were the ones behind the assault. I told them to leave the flat," said Borys. In her opinion this was a warning and a show of power. Borys and her supporters did not accept the results of Saturday's meeting of the ZPB, which gave power to people connected with Aleksander Łukaszenko. The Polish Foreign Affairs Ministry also dismissed the results, as they were achieved by violating democratic rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed