A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The beginnings of a Berlin-Warsaw axis?

Radio Polonia

German President Horst Koehler has spoken in favour of forging a joint eastern policy of the EU in talks with president Aleksander Kwasniewski at the start of his official two-day visit to Poland. The two president stressed while there are some sensitive issues to be resolved, bilateral relations are very good. “We are giving the young generation a unique opportunity of a secure, friendly Polish-German neighbourhood”, Kwasniewski said. He voiced, however, his fundamental doubts concerning German plans to create a centre against expulsions in Berlin, which is seen in Poland as an attempt to revise history. President Koehler believes that bilateral consensus on the centre is possible. The idea of the centre is forced through by the German Expellees Union.

Horst Koehler is among some 20 heads of state and government taking part in events in Warsaw and Gdansk honouring Solidarity.

5 Comments:



Blogger Redneck Texan said...

What new about me?

8/31/2005 03:35:00 AM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Besides the handsome mug.

8/31/2005 03:37:00 AM  


Blogger Gustav said...

Excellent.

8/31/2005 11:58:00 AM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Well....I was referring to my new "resolution".

I have left the 20th century behind and abandoned 800x 600, for the much trendier 1024 x 768, due to monitor upgrade on the argontech puter.

And I must say your blog looks mahvelous at this resolution. I am going to have to re-tool mine to fit.

8/31/2005 02:34:00 PM  


Blogger Gustav said...

Aha, work has prevented me from checking Sitemeter today (just too busy) - so I didn't know you had changed your res.

Thanks for the compliment! (I almost thought you were a blogspammer ;-) -- I really love your blog, I'll be sure and bookmark you!!)

8/31/2005 04:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed