A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Polish Military Court Convicts Officer Of Spying For US

WARSAW (AP)--A military court sentenced a former Polish military intelligence officer to five years in prison on charges of spying for the U.S. in the 1990s after the fall of communism, a court spokesman said Monday.

The suspect, identified only as Zbigniew Sz., was sentenced Friday after being convicted of collaborating with the CIA in 1993-96 while he served as a military attache in Washington D.C., spokesman Janusz Kogut said.

The Warsaw-based court made the verdict public Monday, but Kogut refused to give further more details, citing the "protected nature" of the case.

The verdict may be appealed

4 Comments:



Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Hey Gus, a question about blogger's built-in commenting system. If someone comments in an old article in your archives, how will you know it?

Do you have some type of notification, or do you have to open a thread just like your readers do?

3/23/2005 06:41:00 PM  


Blogger Gustav said...

I've set up my comments system on blogger so that I'm emailed the text of each comment.

Problem is, it doesn't tell me to which post the comment refers.

But I can probably guess.

3/23/2005 08:49:00 PM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Are you keeping an eye on Belarus

3/25/2005 05:03:00 PM  


Blogger Gustav said...

Whew. Back, finally.

I'm sad nothing more has materialized yet. Poland would benefit greatly from a democratic Belarus.

I've seen things are stirring in Zimbabwe as well.

Thank God Bush is President, otherwise none of this wouldda happened!

;-)

3/29/2005 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed