A blog by an American expatriate living in the heart of New Europe


"It's a lateral transfer" -- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States
my photo
  Name:
  Gustav
  Location:
  Warsaw, Poland

view profile | e-mail Gustav


*roundtrip ticket

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Eisenhower's Son Endorses Kerry

I'm a little late on this. You'll have to forgive me, I'm stuck in the Polish mountains, and this was the first chance I had to get to the internet cafe to post. The news in my opinion, is quite big. Dwight Eisenhower's son has endorsed Kerry. That's Ron Jr., and Dwight's son now who have seen the light. No children of Democratic presidents have switched sides. Here's his article, in The Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News:
Another View:
Why I will vote for John Kerry for President


After the Republicans flaunted Zell Miller like a prom date's panties, the Democrats would do well to point out all the Republicans who have switched sides. Remember Jim Jeffords? There are also rumors that Senator Lincoln Chafee wants to switch as well. The Democrats would also do well to point out that the South is no where near as Republican as popular theory suggests. The Dems are set to win four of the five seats they're giving up in the South. Bush is looking weak in North Carolina. With Edwards on the ticket, Kerry just might have a chance there, but the priority must be to keep West Virginia. Anybody else out there think we can do it?

And way up north, the Dems will almost certainly pick up a seat in "Republican Alaska."

Perhaps the South is (and other very "Republican" regions are) finally realizing that it's not only determination, but determination to do the right thing in Iraq, with the Economy, with Health Care and with Education that will be best for the country. Determined is fine, but although W. is very determined, and he is also very, very wrong.

4 Comments:



Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Sounds like he is applying for a cabinet position, dont it?

10/03/2004 09:33:00 PM  


Blogger Go4it said...

who cares?

iconoclast says they dislike bush for attention, and you people give it to them

zel miller goes for bush, and he's crazy

whatevah

10/03/2004 09:48:00 PM  


Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Come Get Some

10/04/2004 09:30:00 PM  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment Laura. I hope you come back.

I'm afraid you're right on all counts.

1. Perhaps the Iconoclast wanted attention, and yes, I gave it to them. Did you follow the link to the endorsement though? Damn good argument for why we should elect Kerry. The Left's position is what this blog is about, so you better believe attention is what I'll give them.

2. You're right. Zel is crazy. Please try telling that to my buddy Red.

3. "whatevah"-- Yes, such vitriol is bound to arouse apathy. There's too much of it. That's why I try to attack the politics, not the politicians. These things are important though. I hope, even if you don't agree with me, you'll still vote on Nov. 2.

10/05/2004 08:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

< Main


american expat piękna polska michigan, my michigan Pijemy po polsku - Kickin' it Polish style Warsaw Station on Feedburner subscribe to my feed my feed